Return to Play: Key Information on Step 4
Hockey in England has now moved to Step 4 of the EH Return to Play Roadmap. This means that larger group sizes of up to 30 are allowed while on the pitch and that Intra club / local matches can happen but restrictions prevent leagues / main competitions resuming. Only when EH move to step 5 will full leagues / competitions resume.
We are pleased to announce that we have conducted a full Risk Assessment, reviewed and updated our policies and put certain measures in place to ensure that we comply with England Hockey and the Government’s guidelines. These are currently being reviewed by Wave and as a club we hope to implement Step 4 as soon as possible.
For a summary of the guidance issued by England Hockey on 7th August 2020 and subsequent updates visit this page. It is everyone’s responsibility to ensure that they are familiar with this guidance.
There are two particularly important points we would like to draw your attention to:
1. England Hockey Participation Agreement
All participants (players; or in the case of Juniors - their parent or guardian, coaches, managers and officials) MUST complete the England Hockey Participation Agreement before being allowed to participate in any Step 4 activity. Click here or on the link below to access the form.
ENGLAND HOCKEY PARTICIPATION AGREEMENT
- This form will only need to be completed once. No selection to matches or participation in training will be allowed unless this is done.
- Please ensure you complete the participation agreement at least 24 hours before you are wishing to play or take part in any hockey activity (such as training)
- Please be aware that such activity carries with it inherent risks due to the transmissibility of Covid-19 and that by signing this agreement, you acknowledge you are aware of these risks and agree to the terms and conditions set out by EH, the Government and EGHC’s Policies and Guidelines.
- EGHC reserves the right to ban individuals who repeatedly contravene this guidance and you will be asked to leave the premises immediately.
- Positive behaviours will help to keep everyone safe.
2. Self-Assessment & Registration on Arrival at EGHC
- All Club users will have to self-assess (for Covid symptoms) and complete the EGHC users agreement EVERY TIME they enter the premises at EGHC or any other venues used by EGHC.
- You will need to scan the QR code that is on posters dotted around the club. Use your phone’s camera function to do this.
- All members should be signed up to Teamo which will pre-populate fields after the first registration. You will need to register yourself and any other people accompanying you – children, guests etc.
- Non-members and visitors will have to register in this way too but will have to re-enter their details every time they arrive.
- The whole process should not take longer than about 10-15 seconds.
- This data is needed for Track and Trace reasons.
- All data is automatically deleted after 21 days to comply with GDPR rules.
- QR code FAQs are available here
- If you do not have access to Teamo or an electronic device, paper registration are also available.
Please contact your coach, manager, a member of the club committee or the EGHC Covid Officer (Donna Sadler - firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions, worries or comments.